Menu

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Instant Crisp Dosa





Who doesn't like dosa? We as a family are crazy for it. Last evening my darling daughter said mom pls make dosa for dinner. I was like I don't have the batter ready dear will make it tomorrow. She was like no I want to eat it NOW! 

My Jaan is not a fan of instant dosa and could make out the difference really fast. So what a mom would do in this situation? well I tried my best to make it close to fermented one & approved by my little sweetheart......and here is the happy mommy, sharing her recipe with you all now :)  

While having dinner, hubby dear said 'as a bar toh batter mast ferment hua hian', me just smiled & said 'Thank you'. Still, he doesn't know he ate instant dosa :) 

Crisp instant dosa's served with piping hot sambhar, curry leaves chutney & sabji of  potato, spinach corn - Davine combination!!

Instant Dosa

1 cup Rava / Suji / Samolina
1 cup Besan/ chickpea flour
1/2 cup rice flour
2 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp citric acid
salt to taste 
2 cup of warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp fruit salt / eno

Method

Leaving fruit salt mix all other ingredients with warm water to make lump free batter. If you can wait then let the batter rest for 30 min. After 30 min add fruit salt to it mix well. You are all ready to make dosas now :) simply enjoy this crisp dosas with your choice of feeling or just plain with butter


batter with warm water



After 30 min rest 



 Add Fruit Salt or Eno 



Make dosas, if you want extra crisp just fry both sides



serve it with you choice of fillings...




7 comments:

  1. Hi.. Dosas look really good.. Did u cook them on griddle? If yes can you please tell me at what temperature did you cook them.? My dosas never come out crispy on griddle
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The u dear, Yes I did use griddle for it I used it on highest temp that is 400 on my griddle. Hope it helpsπŸ‘πŸ»

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very innovative! Which fruit salt you use in the U.S. ? I don't have corn starch & citric acid .. Will it make a major difference in preparation? Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very innovative! I don't have corn starch & citric acid . Will it make a major difference in preparation? Also which fruit salt to buy in the U.S. ? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thk you Mansha! Corn starch add that extra crispness to the dosa n citric acid add the sour taste. You may use the sour yogurt instade. I use the eno from Indian grocery store. Can be substitute with backing powder. Hope it helps
    πŸ‘πŸ»

    ReplyDelete