Summer is a festive season in cold places like Chicago, as we hardly get to experience the good weather here. That also makes it a very popular season among the parents / grandparents to visit their families here.
The trend is continued in our friend circle too, almost everybody's parents are here. Two weeks ago I got the chance to invite our friends with their parents (25 guest) for dinner :) It was such a fun evening, enjoyed by all three generations, bliss indeed.
An evening with endless fun,
Let's get started
- 1 cup
besanaka gram flour
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup ghee aka clarified butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk powder or
- Edible silver Vark / Foil (optional)
- Mix everything together
inheavy bottom non stick pan.
- Keep stirring for about 25 -30 min, on medium low flame till the mixture starts leaving pan boarder. Switch off the flame as it starts coming together on the spatula.
- Now pour the mixture into greased plate or tray. Smooth out the top & apply silver
- Let it cool off for a while, cut into desired shape.
- You can use any cup or glass for measurement, just make sure to use the same one for all ingredients.