No matter how much heavy it in on calories we all love
Today out of no where she asked me to make Samosa for lunch. Knowing how tiny eater she is, I was in no mood of doing that extra
Make sure to try this instant method to please your family!
Please note this post is about a method of using bread for coating, stuffing can be prepared as per your preference.
- 4 wheat bread slices
- Ghee or oil for roasting
- Water for sealing boarders
- 1 boiled potato (peel & break into pieces)
- 1/2 onion or 1/4 cup
- Green peas (optional -
idid not add that as my daughter doesn't like it)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp black / rock salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- Pinch of Hing (optional)
- Heat oil, add mustard seed. As it splutter add, curry leaves & half of the cilantro, saute.
- Now add chopped onion & saute till translucent, add dry spices. Saute & add boiled potato. Let it cook for 3-4 min. Adjust the seasoning if required.
- Take a bread slice, remove boarders & roll it with a rolling pin. Make a cone & seal the borders with water. See picture
- Fill the cone with potato mixture. Seal the ends & pan fry it with ghee or oil, till golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup or tamarind chutney.
- It can also be baked at 350F for 30 min approx.