Menu

Friday, August 28, 2015

Instant Semolina/Sooji Dosa


Instant Semolina/Sooji Dosa!

On the auspicious occasion of Rakhi, I am dedicating this post to my Big B, my cooking Guru! Years ago he taught me to make crisp dosas :)

Today, whenever anyone compliment my skills of making paper thin or the variety of dosas, I just thank him from the bottom of my heart!

Love you Bhaiyya to the moon & back :) 

This instant dosa recipe uses semolina/ rava as the main ingredient, a delight for dosa lovers like me.

Make sure to give it a try!

Let's get started

Ingredients

  • 2 cups fine semolina
  • 1 cup udad dal flour
  • 1/4 cup rice flour
  • salt to taste
  • 1/2 tsp fruit salt or eno
  • Juice of half lemon
  • 3 cups warm water
  • 2 tsp sugar (optional, but it adds up to taste and the caramelized brown color to dosa)
Method
  • Using semolina, udad dal flour, salt and warm water make the batter. Let the batter rest at warm place for half an hour or 2 hours. 
  • Before making dosa add sugar, lime juice and fruit salt, mix everything well. 
  • Spread the dosa batter on tava or skillet. Apply ghee/ clarified butter or butter, roast till golden brown. 
  • You can choose any stuffing if you like or enjoy just plain old butter dosa
  • I have added mix veg (cauliflower, broccoli, tomato, onion, carrot, cabbage, ginger garlic paste) with boiled potato and the seasoning of red chili powder, pav bhaji masala / salt / cumin and coriander powder / lemon juice.  
  • Spread this stuffing on dosa, roll and cut, serve hot.    
Pictorial









No comments:

Post a Comment