Making tofu at home has been just as easy as
Yeah, even if you don't like tofu, this homemade version will make you love it. It's vegan and rich source of protein. Oh, and did I mention its organic too :) making it the best healthy option for growing kids.
- 6 cups organic soy milk (I used store bought from whole food)
- 1/2 tsp citric acid
- 2 tbsp water
- Bring 6 cup soy milk to boil.
- Meanwhile, mix citric acid & water.
- Once the milk starts to boil, switch off the flame & add water & citric acid mixture a tsp at a time & keep stirring.
- Once the milk starts cuddling up, cover it & leave for 10 min. After 10 min, strain it through cheese cloth, squeeze out the water as much as possible. Now keep heavy weight on it & leave it for 2 hours.
- Nice firm homemade organic tofu is ready to relish :)